Voter ID Card of India
Voter id correction status – मतदाता आईडी सुधार की स्थिति The ID card or Identity card is a necessary document you must possess in every nation of the world. Some of the major identity cards in India are Voter ID, Driving License (DL), Aadhar Card etc. Get to know Voter ID Correction Status information from here.
What is Voter ID?
The voter ID card is an identity proof provided by the Election commission of India to every citizen above 18 years. It is one of the most used asked identity documents in India. It can be used as a general identity card for buying sim cards and for applying for job vacancies, Rason cards, Bank Account, passport etc. During elections is the major Id proof cast a vote in the municipal, state or national level. It was first issued in 1993.
The Voter ID card is a colorful laminated paper. Earlier it was black or white color. Its size is the same as that of a debit card. It is made up of plastic. The card shows A passport size photo, address, and date of birth of the person with the serial number, hologram sticker and issuing authority’s signature.
How to apply for Voter ID
Any citizen of India above 18 years of old and having a documented Id proof can apply for Voter Id card via Form-6 of Election Commission. The person must provide Identity proof, Citizenship proof, age and address proof. You can apply for Voter ID card both online and offline. For online application please visit the official page of National Voters’ Service portal-
How to find Voter ID status?
To check your Voter ID or election card status in various ways:
- Visit National Voter’s Service Portal in your web browser.
- Click on Track application status option.
- Enter the reference id or number provided during the time of registration.
- Then Click on track status option.
- You will get a complete detail of your Voter Id card in the screen.
- Visit Chief Electoral Officer’s site of your state. Note: There are separate CEO sites for each state., Eg: CEO Maharashtra, CEO Telangana, CEO Delhi, etc.,
- Click on “Know Application Status” option.
- Provide all the necessary details asked on the page to get your Voter ID status.
The details frequently asked are:
- Applicant’s Name
- Father’s or Husband’s Name
- Date of Birth
There are two ways by which you can search for your Voter ID status online via Name and Application Number. If you search by naming them you have provided the following details- Father’s Name, gender, Age, Name of the state and Name of the district.
You can also get your election card via SMS by sending a message to your respective Electoral Officer. The message format should be- Provided State code<space>Voter ID application number.
You can also call the Election Commission of India Helpline to track your Voter ID status.
How to check Voter ID correction status?
You can apply for a new Voter ID card if there is some correction needed as mentioned in the Form-6 of the Election Commission of India. However, the correction status of the Voter ID can know in a similar way as that of a fresh application. The step is as follows:
- Visit the National Voter’s Service Portal or Chief Electoral Officer site.
- Click on Know Application status option.
- Enter the reference number and click on track status option.
- The next page will show you the complete detail of your Voter ID correction.
The voter ID card is a necessary document to provide while casting a vote in India which shows the value of this documented card. It is free to get a card without any paper or processing charge.
For more additional Info, you can get @ https://eci.nic.in