Peculiarities of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna
PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna – पीएम जीवन ज्योति बीमा योजना There are a number of insurance schemes available by both private companies and even government insurance companies. They are mainly intended to ensure you against some unwanted accidents. It will help you financially by providing some financial assistance while you are going through some accident. As you get some assistance, you can handle other tasks more easily than before.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna is also one such scheme launched by the government. It is mainly intended for the individuals who are not able to pay the hefty premium of private insurance companies. They can join in this scheme to get secured at a much lower price. PMJJBY was formally launched by our Prime Minister on 9th May 2015 in Kolkata.
Specific Peculiarities which this scheme holds
When PMJJBY scheme was launched, there were only 20% of the Indian population which were having any kind of insurance. This scheme was mainly intended to increase that percentage. Individuals who are between the age of 18 and 50 years which are having bank accounts can enroll in this scheme. The annual premium for this scheme is about 330 INR which is exempting GST.
For the people who join this insurance plan will have their amount automatically debited from their bank account. It will facilitate them to not worry about paying its premium every month by physically going there. In case there is a death of the nominee, payment to the nominee will be 2 lakh INR. Only the bank accounts opened by Jan Dhan Yojna are having provision to be linked with this scheme. Most of these accounts were having zero balance initially which can be used in this scheme.
Even the account holders are having the facility of utilizing this insurance via the use of net banking facility. It also provides this facility for those who can fill down the form at the bank branch during any time of the year. When we consider till the period of 30 May 2018, about 5.33 crore has already enrolled in this scheme. About 60,422 claims being disbursed against 63,767 claims received by them.
Download PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna Application form in different languages here: http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Forms-PMJJBY.aspx
Know the weekly performance of PMJJBY Scheme here: http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Performance.aspx
State Wise PMJJBY Toll-Free Numbers
- Andhra Pradesh Andhra Bank – 1800-425-8525
- Andaman & Nicobar Island State Bank of India – 1800-345-4545
- Arunachal Pradesh State Bank of India – 1800-345-3616
- Assam State Bank of India – 1800-345-3756
- Bihar State Bank of India – 1800-345-6195
- Chandigarh Punjab National Bank – 1800-180-1111
- Chhattisgarh State Bank of India – 1800-233-4358
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli Dena Bank – 1800-225-885
- Daman & Diu Dena Bank – 1800-225-885
- Delhi Oriental Bank of Commerce – 1800-1800-124
- Goa State Bank of India – 800-2333-202
- Gujarat Dena Bank – 1800-225-885
- Haryana Punjab National Bank – 1800-180-1111
- Himachal Pradesh UCO Bank – 1800-180-8053
- Jharkhand Bank of India – 1800-345-6576
- Karnataka Syndicate Bank-SLBC – 1800-4259-7777
- Kerala Canara Bank – 1800-425-11222
- Lakshadweep Syndicate Bank – 1800-4259-7777
- Madhya Pradesh Central Bank of India – 1800-233-4035
Conclusion on PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna
Thus, we can say that Pradhan Mantri Bima Yojna is an amazing scheme to provide life cover to your family. Even the premium is quite nominal for any of the applicants. This will help to get a large amount of money in case there is a death of nominee. It will help other individuals to at least manage their family financially.
- PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna Website: http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in
- PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna National Toll-Free Number: 1800-180-1111, 1800-110-001