Old Age Pension Scheme Goals and benefits for senior citizens
Old Age Pension Scheme – ओल्ड एज पेंशन योजना Old age is the time when people are not able to take care of themselves and sometimes they are not taken care of by their kids also. Without having money, old people get caught with diseases as they can’t get proper nutrition. Everyone wants to save money but it’s not possible for the old aged people to work in such situations. The Uttar Pradesh government has followed the path of Indian government and decided to help the old age people by providing additional pension from the state fund. Basically, it is Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Scheme which is established very well in UP.
Any person who is more than 60 years old will get 300 rupees every month among which 200 rupees are provided by the Central Government while 100 rupees are provided by the state government. People who are more than 80 years old get the amount of 500 rupees from the central government. More than 38 lakhs of Old people are getting benefitted with this scheme. Here are some more details regarding the eligibility and status of the Old Age Pension Scheme.
Apply for Old Age Pension Scheme
- The people who want to apply for this scheme won’t need to wander in the offices here and there but they can visit the official website of SSPY
- On the official website, you will get the old age pension form which can be submitted to the authority office.
- Along with the application form, there are some documents which are needed to be submitted. Recent Passport size photograph, identity proof, bank passbook, age certificate, and income certificate should be submitted.
- The selection of benefits will be done by the Gram Panchayat or City Magistrate.
- If a person dies, then the pension is automatically stopped by the government.
What are the advantages of Old Age pension scheme?
The government has started the old age pension up to a scheme for the benefits of old age people. Most of the old age people are neglected by their kids and that’s why someone has to take the responsibility. So, the central government took the decision to help the old aged people and Uttar Pradesh government did additional effort to provide better financial support to the old age people.
- Financial support is provided to the old age people.
- Poor old age people don’t have to work even in sickness.
- They have to spend huge money on buying medicines and this scheme can help them saving money for their benefit.
- The condition of old age people is made better with this scheme.
Check Old Age Pension Status
After submitting the application form, one can check the old age pension status sitting at your home. With the help of the official website, you can know when you will receive your pension. You can get the complete details regarding the pension scheme and other details easily. If anyone doesn’t get a pension on time, then by checking the status, they can know the reason for it.
- SSPY Website: http://sspy-up.gov.in
- UP Official Website: http://up.gov.in
- UP Chief Minister Name: Sri Yogi Adityanath
- Samajwadi Scheme Toll-Free Number: 18004190001